Rising 7th, 8th and 9th Grade Girls
July 15-21, 2018
** NEW **
- Know of anyone in Howard County who might be interested in learning more about Journey Camp for Girls? Send us their name and email address and we’ll be in touch!
- Anyone who applies to attend Journey Camp for Girls before April 30th will be eligible to win a $100 Gift Card – get those applications in!
- We are now accepting applications from rising 7th graders in addition to rising 8th and 9th graders!
At Journey each student identifies her own leadership skills, strengths, and challenges in a supportive and fun environment. The Journey experience fosters increased self-esteem and confidence.
A week at Journey includes:
- Workshops on topics such as empowerment and motivation, decision making, communication, self-awareness, goal setting, group dynamics, and conflict resolution.
- Group projects that challenge girls to apply new skills and exceed their own expectations.
- Team-building activities that strengthen interpersonal skills and build lasting memories.
- One-on-one mentoring with members of a dedicated and highly trained staff.
Ready for a journey to remember?
Eligible applicants are female residents of Howard County entering the 7th, 8th or 9th grade in the 2018-19 year.
Cost and Scholarship Information: Tuition for Journey is $895, including a $100 deposit with the application. Financial assistance is available. Journey and scholarship applications are available at mlw.org.
WGC Journey Scholarship – In Memory of Cindy Hankin
Former WGC Advisory Board Member Cindy Hankin was a staunch supporter of the Journey Camp for Girls. A former teacher, and school principal, Cindy was beloved by her family, friends, students, and community and served as mentor, and long-time advocate for women and girls. Cindy brought a bright and wonderful spirit to the world, enriching it for all who knew her. The Women’s Giving Circle is honored to provide our Journey Scholarships in Memory of Cindy Hankin to qualifying Journey Camp applicants. Funded by Cindy’s family and friends, and WGC donors, these scholarships are provided in Cindy’s memory in perpetuity.
Support for Journey provided by the Women’s Giving Circle, a fund of the Community Foundation of Howard County.