- Women’s philanthropy shapes the future for women and girls through the power of collective giving.
- The Women’s Giving Circle is building a community of philanthropists and creating a permanent legacy to address the needs of women and girls in Howard County.
- Expand philanthropy and increase giving by local women.
- Build a permanent endowment fund.
- Increase the life skills of women and girls.
- Encourage the healthy development and personal authority of young girls.
- Raise the awareness of gender disparities in our community.
- Sustain the WGC for future generations.
- All Howard County women and girls have a right to an adequate and sustainable quality of life and an opportunity to develop their full potential.
- Healthy development for girls is achieved through education, life skill training, and a sense of personal authority and safety.
- The needs and concerns of all women and girls in Howard County must be fully understood, acknowledged, and addressed.
- Available resources should be directed to achieving systemic change in the political, social, and economic institutions that influence the lives of women and girls.
- Philanthropy is not measured by the amount of the gift but by the intent of the giver.
- Women’s philanthropy has the power to improve the lives of women and girls in Howard County now.
- A permanent endowment provides a legacy of giving to the generations of women and girls who will follow.
- Education is the cornerstone of understanding and giving.
- Women of concern, compassion, and generosity can make the greatest difference by working together for change.