“The story of women’s struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist nor to any one organization but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights,” says world-renowned feminist, journalist and social and political activist Gloria Steinem.
We agree. And, it’s the foundation of the philanthropic work we’ve been doing the last 15 years. Together, we have worked to:
- Expand philanthropy and increase giving by local women
- Build a permanent endowment fund
- Increase the life skills of women and girls
- Encourage the healthy development and personal authority of young girls
- Raise the awareness of gender disparities in our community, and
- Sustain the WGC for future generations
“I am grateful to be a woman. I must have done something great in another life.” – Dr. Maya Angelou
International Women’s Day is about unity, celebration, reflection, advocacy and action. And, we are so pleased to be doing our part. Will you join us?
It’s easy – here’s 5 ways you can make a difference on this day celebrating the achievements of women across the globe, and right here at home:
- Make a Gift. Make a gift to the WGC today in honor of the amazing women in your life! Donate Here – no amount is too small – thank you!
- Match Your Gift. Many companies have matching gift programs – does yours? Check our Ways to Give website page to see if your company (or your spouse’s company) participates. It’s an easy way to make your dollars go further in supporting the WGC.
- Engage With Us! Help us spread the word about the WGC through social media – like, comment on, and share our Facebook,Instagram, and Twitter posts.
- Spread the Word. Forward our latest eNewsletter to your friends, family and networks and invite them to review our work and get involved.
- Host a Coffee or Happy Hour! Do you want to invite a few friends or neighbors over for coffee or happy hour so they can learn a bit more about the WGC? If so, we’ll be there! Let us know and we’ll help you plan a great gathering!
Thank you for doing what you can to support women and girls in Howard County on this International Women’s Day 2018!
Alison Canning, WGC Chair
Barb Van Winkle, WGC Vice Chair
“Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.”