Together, WGC donors are harnessing our philanthropic resources, insights and acumen to help women and girls realize their potential by promoting self-sufficiency and empowerment.
We share a tremendous sense of pride in having forged a collaborative approach to philanthropy which is helping each one of us to leverage our charitable dollars to make a difference.
There are wide variety of benefits to becoming a donor to the WGC, including:
- The opportunity to leverage your charitable dollars for change
- Having a greater understanding of community needs and services
- The opportunity to learn more about grantmaking
- Networking opportunities with people of shared values
- Receiving ongoing information, statistics and opportunities to connect
- Receiving invitations to the WGC’s Annual Meeting, programs and other events
- Participation in an organization of women empowering other women and girls
- Opportunity to be a part of a powerful wave of philanthropy in Howard County
What does your philanthropic investment do? Here’s a brief snapshot – WGC has:
- Invested nearly $250,000 in grants in women and girls in Howard County
- Helped numerous women in financial crisis through emergency grants to selected nonprofit organizations
- Reached the neediest of women through the WGC’s Emergency Response Network
- Helped over 30 women improve their career possibilities through a financial aid fund for women taking job-related courses at Howard Community College
- Addressed body image issues through programs like the “How Do I Look?” workshop attended by girls and their mothers
- Taken over 240 young women on a journey of self discovery about what it means to be a woman, through the Journey summer camp for middle and high school girls
- Introduced young women to career professionals in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Educated girls about financial planning and independence through a Junior Achievement program
- Attracted over 1000 donors committed to making a difference through gifts and pledges totaling over $1.1 million!